Thank you for your interest in partnering with us at Jubilee JumpStart! We welcome and encourage active community involvement in our program through a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- If you have any special expertise or interest, such as art, cooking, or reading, we would love for you to share it with the kids!
- Join children & teachers on field trips, neighborhood walks, and playground play, especially between 10:30am and 12:00pm.
- Assist teachers in a classroom with implementation of the
planned curriculum. You can assist with an art activity, participate in dramatic play, or block building with the children.
- Volunteer commitments between 12:00pm and 3:00pm provide assistance in classrooms while teachers are on lunch breaks, participating in team meetings, and completing lessons plans and other related tasks.
- Assist the front office in ensuring safety and security at all times by helping to answer the door during the busy morning drop off and afternoon pick-up times. Help is often needed between 7:30am and 9:00am and between 3:30pm and 6:00pm.
- Filing, data entry, letter folding, envelope stuffing, and other clerical tasks.
- If you don’t have time to come in regularly but would like to volunteer on occasion, special projects are for you! Whenever we have a day of service or a specific need, we will contact you to help out.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Local background check (either DC or your county of residency)
- FBI fingerprint background check
- A current negative TB test & health assessment
- Complete a brief orientation and training prior to beginning work at the center.
We appreciate your interest in Jubilee JumpStart, and we look forward to working with you soon!